The Wildly Wonderful Benefits of Lavender
There are many reasons for the explosion of lavender-everything in the market these days. I mean who can resist that singular scent? But of course, buyer should always beware since not all lavender is the same.
The lavender essential oil (that's what you want, not any kind of "fragrance" oil) is extracted from the flowers of the lavender plant (Lavandula angustifolia) through a steam distillation process. There are over 47 known species of lavender. Fun fact, huh?! And here's another that floored me...This divine flower is related to another incredible floral family. Can you guess? It's mint! (Who knew!!)
While lavender has been popular through the millennia, it has become wildly popular in recent years, not only because of its incredible bouquet, but for these benefits:
- Lavender essential oil promotes healing of wounds as it boosts the synthesis of collagen in the skin.
- Lavender relieves stress and anxiety. This aromatherapy helps manage chronic pain, anxiety and insomnia according to the studies conducted by Dr. Nicolette Perry, Universities of Newcastle and Northumbria in the United Kingdom.
- Lavender can be used for respiratory difficulties. The essential oil has antibacterial qualities that help battle these kinds of infections.
- Because of these antibacterial qualities, routine use of lavender helps our bodies resist myriad of diseases.
- This divine flower assists us with sleep. We love anything that promotes sleep in this chaotic age in which we live, right? Lavender is just the thing!
You can experience the dreaminess of lavender essential oil for yourself in two of Do Good Soaps and Suds' products, The Muse Soap Bar, an olive oil/castile soap, and the Lavender Love Lotion Bar, a nourishing combination of cocoa, mango and shea butters with coconut and avocado oils.
Whether you try our bars or not, by all means, get yourself some high-quality lavender essential oil to have around the house. Not only is it a wonderful mood booster because of its tranquil bouquet, it's a great addition to the medicine cabinet.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.