Camp Love Lotion Bar
Need an effective, all-natural bug repellent that is DEET-free, and therefore, doesn't harm you or the planet? We've got a lotion bar that has all the yumminess of shea butter, and essential oils known to be unpleasant to mosquitoes, ticks and other annoying critters. We use six of the best essential oils: citronella, peppermint, eucalyptus, tea tree, rosemary and Texas cedarwood.
A key ingredient we use is not common in the West. It's Neem Oil--and if we used it alone, you would not like it...because it's an earthy, pungent, garlic-like smell...but not in the Italian mama's kitchen kind of way, if you know what we mean! It's a natural pesticide/vegetable oil made from an Evergreen common in the Indian subcontinent. Neem Oil is used in the tropics as a natural repellent/pesticide. And since we are practically tropical now with climate change, this is a perfect antidote to our Deet Dilemmas.
New to Lotion Bars? Here's How to Use Them.
- Take the bar in hand.
- Allow the bar to melt between your hands or directly on your skin. (Because these are oils and butters, they "melt" at certain temperatures. With a normal body temperature of 98.6 degrees, you're a regular heating apparatus!)
- Rub the oils into those dry places, like your hands, elbows and feet.
- Massage them in until they are absorbed by the skin. Everyone's skin is different and requires more or less of the oils that are released from the bar.
- Replace the lotion bar back in the tin! Remember, these are made with all-natural ingredients (butters, oils and beeswax) and will melt, so keep them away from items that you don't want to have a puddle of mess left upon!
- If you live in the desert or high-temperature climates, be mindful of products made with hardened oils. Keep in a cool environment. (We don't recommend leaving them in the car for long periods of time!)
- Shea Butter
- Neem Oil
- Citronella Essential Oil
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- Peppermint Essential Oil
- Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Rosemary Essential Oil
- Texas Cedarwood Essential Oil
NEED A REFILL--HERE YOU GO! Click here!
Lavender Love Lotion Bar
This lotion bar delights, yet calms the senses with its lavender essential oil. The lavender soothes your soul while the cocoa, mango and shea butters hydrate your hungry skin. We've...
Lemon-Patchouli Love Lotion Bar
This lotion bar was created because a colleague needed something without nut butters. I'd love to say that "a star was born" with this bar...because, after all, it's yummy, it's...
The Bonaparte Balm
3-in-1 all-natural hand purifier, lotion and lip balm that leaves you wanting more. Yes, it smells divine and feels delicious on the skin and lips. The unique combination of essential...